Monday, November 20, 2006

Waiting for many things

Merry Christmas! Okay, 34 sleeps, but I can't wait! With a Christmased home I can handle anything! If you need a cup of egg nog and an overplayed Christmas carol, come visit me! We are travelling to Toronto for Christmas, so our mini tree will have to do, but next year I'll get a massive one to make up for it!

After a busy fall, I finally feel like I am back to normal. School is under control and my house is back in shape. That first trimester was not easy. The couple of months of nausea and three hour naps every day balanced each other out nicely, though. Now I start the second trimester where I'll gain a belly and lose my mind. I'll tell you later which one I prefer! Apparently I can't give birth yet (which would be nice considering the size of the baby) so I'll wait and wait for 6 more months! OH, I heard the baby's heartbeat and it was 160! According to those old wives, it's a girl. According to my three baby dreams, it is an adorable chubby boy with big blue eyes. We'll have to wait and see. Either way Shane is convinced that the nursery will be a surfer's paradise!

Speaking of waiting, our friends Brian and Beth are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first baby. We had a mini-shower for Beth last week, so hopefully she feels ready to welcome that long, white bundle of joy into the world. She has plenty of cloths and diapers for the first little while! As you can see, my baby bump is nothing compared to hers! I just look chubby!

We are looking forward to my dad coming to Vic tomorrow for a couple of job interviews. It will be great to see him after being away for so long! Hopefully this trip will lead to Bella Coola's Nana and Papa coming to live near him/her. Tiny fingers crossed!

We had some visitors that we hadn't seen since their wedding the summer before we left for NZ. My big bro Jeff brought his beautiful wife Kim to Victoria for the first time. Hopefully we can get them to move out here, too! She took in all the classic sights in just a few days, but she is stuck in this family for a lifetime!THEN my sister Tammy came with her baby girl Stephanie and hubby Greg. Aren't they adorable? Too bad the other three kids couldn't come. There's always room at the Deringers'! I love having visitors. Especially family because I can just point them to the kitchen and they're happy.
So, drop in whenever Christmas seems far away and hopefully by the time I write my next entry, I'll have given birth. Kidding. I'll definitely write...before then...sometime. Peace out.


2 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Rachel H. said...

Finally ! A new entry. Great pics, beautiful family of course and I could only WISH to be as 'chubby' as you now - and I'm NOT pregnant !!! You're totally whacked, that's why I love ya! R.R.

 
At 11/21/2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Rayael said...

I like it Tracey! I think the kiddies and I will decorate (or start) on Thursday. You totally beat me! We are listening to Christmas music though. Let's have some 'nog' together. Rayael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home