Friday, June 29, 2007

Monkey Madness

Well, I think we are finally coming out of the fog and realizing that this baby is real and not going anywhere. We are learning all of Joshua's signs and cries and trying to sleep when he sleeps...we are somewhat successful. Regardless, he is such an amazing gift and I can't imagine life without him. What did I do with my time before June 15th?

My mom has gone back to Toronto and I have had one full week of mommyhood on my own. I love it! We cuddle and eat and burp and poop and sleep and repeat. He is 2 weeks old today and has not only returned to his birth weight, but he gained a pound this week which makes him 8 lbs 8 oz! He has also grown an inch and a half since he was born. Can I slow him down somehow?

While Mom aka Nana Soprano aka Five-fingered Millie was here, she and my great friend Candi planned a last minute shower at the church so she could be there and see all of her friends. The ladies in the church blessed Joshua (and us) incredibly. We really appreciate their generosity. Here are a few pictures of the shower that I sobbed my way through. Can you say emotional on day 5 postpartum?

No he didn't spill anything. Shane had a daddy moment while Joshua was lying on him...
June 25th was Shane's 27th birthday, so Joshua got him a little something...
The next day we had an ice cream cake with a few friends to celebrate...
Joshua is wearing the same outfit my little brother came home from the hospital in almost 22 years ago! He can sleep anywhere, even leaning on mommy...
You think this is cruel? Wait until you see his Halloween costume!
Here are a few random pictures of the little monkey. Some are cute and some are funny. Don't feel bad about laughing...I laugh at his weird faces every day!
Joshua didn't seem to mind his first bath (after his cord fell off)...he loves his head being rubbed.
Where's the baby?
Joshua wore this shirt just for Papa (my dad) who will be coming to stay with us in a couple of weeks...he'll be sleeping in the nursery. See you soon, Dad!

5 Comments:

At 7/02/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Rachel H. said...

So I didn't notice Joshua was actually IN his crib in your facebook photo - until I looked at the bigger picture on the blog! And love the party in my crib shirt - awesome!

 
At 7/02/2007 10:21 PM, Blogger Travel Girl said...

He's so frickin CUTE!!!

 
At 7/03/2007 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mommy and Daddy!!!
Just saw the pics. Can't wait to see in person I am getting so excited. These are just gorgous pics.
See you soon Love Auntie Debbie and Great Auntie Debbie

 
At 7/07/2007 9:00 PM, Blogger AlisonVeritas said...

oh my goodness he is SO cute!

 
At 11/11/2008 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home