Friday, February 16, 2007

Growing more and buying more

So, it's not Disney, but Shane's choices on the baby's Valentine's Day gifts are not very manly! Especially that big cuddly teddy bear suit he insisted on buying for next winter. What is hilarious, though, is what you can't see. That little onesie says "When in Rome" which is yet another quote from "Anchorman." There was no talking him out of buying that one and I'm sure his father- and brothers-in-law will laugh.


Shane also caved and took me to buy the crib which should arrive in a few weeks. We decided on a convertible one that will change into a toddler bed then into a double bed, so it's this baby's furniture until he leaves home. The picture is of both the crib and the double bed and we ordered the antique black finish. It is very beautiful and I can't wait to buy the bedding for it! I guess the nesting has begun!


Valentine's Day was quite low key for us. We had a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill, bought the baby those clothes, and just watched tv until Shane had to pick up his mom from the ferry. She came to see her kids for a few days before she headed over to Aurora House on the mainland for a few weeks. She has been in and out of her kids' lives for the past number of years, but has finally decided to enter a program to get clean, so please pray for her and her kids, as it will not be an easy road. We are very proud of her decision and we will keep you posted on her success, because we know our God is faithful to answer our prayers.

SO...I have hit the six month mark and I have less than 3 months left at work. The baby's kicks are packing quite the punch now and he has definitely got the hang of doing that weird Lochness monster move. He has decided that my bladder is a comfortable place to rest on and my ribs are a very good target for his kicks. I guess he's preparing to be a cagefighter.

Well, until next time, enjoy the weekend and keep us in your prayers. Any decorating tips for our nursery are also welcome.Ta ta for now!


11 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 7:14 PM, Blogger **Lola** said...

hey monkey....
if you wanna talk nursery. give me a call. you are so cute and full of tummy!!!

 
At 2/17/2007 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWW!! You're so cute! And don't worry, you'll have that kid out of the wet suit and into some cleats in no time. Congrats again and we'll see ya at the field!

 
At 2/18/2007 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey! You and your belly are so darling. The last time I saw you in person, you had a mini bump, and now look!

Jeni

 
At 2/19/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Louise said...

My nursery tip... get lotsa fun or classy fabric and make "colour" your theme rather than have an actual theme! My first nursery was yellow with a Noah's Ark border etc but now (for the next two) I have taupe walls and the bedding is denim, burgundy/navy/taupe plaid & some taupe cordoroy... I like it a lot better :) Of course there are some leftover Noah's Ark items as little decorative things but if you focus on fabric & colour, you aren't stuck in a theme when you get bored of it!!! Just my opinion - keep us posted k!? Have fun designing however you choose to decorate!

PS: Does Tammy have a blog?

 
At 2/20/2007 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey !! You animal !! (jk) You look good lil sis.....can't wait to see my new nephew. Make sure Shane is buying you as much junk food as you need to keep that kid fed. Love you guys !

Jeff and Kim

 
At 2/23/2007 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey, Shane and Bella Coola: Pictures are great - Your mini bump has really grown since Christmas (You look good too Shane!)I'm going to Grandma and Grandpas on the weekend so I'll show them as well (Grandma's 83rd birthday is on Monday) Love to all! Keep posting pictures...Luv ya

 
At 2/23/2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I can't beleive that soon you will have a little boy keeping you up all night! Love the clothes.
Tracey, when are you due again?
take care and we'll see you soon!
Elisa

 
At 2/24/2007 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fat Lady!! Lookin' HHHHOOOOTTT!
Can't wait to see you ENORMOUS!
Loads of love,
Jenni

 
At 2/27/2007 3:41 PM, Blogger Rayael said...

Tracey, you look great. So great in fact that you made me .... well for a very brief moment, wonder if I should be having another! (The moment was quicker than it took me to type that!) Anyways, I saw you from a distance on Sunday and you look sooo cute. Have fun, eat well, and get your hubby to paint your toe nails. xoxo

 
At 2/27/2007 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your belly. Just keep in mind that Brianne was 23 days early (more than 3 weeks) and totally healthy. So it might not be a full three months. . . lol!!!

Love you sis!

 
At 3/13/2007 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey and Shane.....It is now March 13th and I haven't seen an up to date picture!!! Hope everyone is doing fine. Lots of love to all.....XOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home