Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hey everyone. It's Shane this time so I hope you all don't mind the update from me...
So the news is that Tracey is really pregnant now. Not like she wasn't before but WOW. Today she was sitting on the couch and put a pen on her tummy and he moved the pen. I actually saw a bump form on her stomach!! This whole having a baby thing is starting to get pretty real.

The last couple of weeks we've been thinking about getting a crib, stroller, and car seat and I think Tracey is starting to go a little mental because I keep putting off buying all the big stuff for a few more weeks. I have learned that women need to get these items so that can set it all up. Kind of like a birdie making up a nice comfy cozy nest. But last night we were at WalMart and I couldn't help but to pick out a few things for our little boy to come. I figured that if I'm going to buy something it may as well be a real man kind of onesie. So it has a digger on it. And I also decided our boy can't wear Disney stuff either. It isn't man enough, so if you ladies wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate it if my boy got stuff that really shows he's a man. Like a tool belt, hammer, or sawzall.













So the work update for me is that I had a couple of interviews at Dockyard for a position working on the submarines and I'm waiting to hear how they went. The interview was actually pretty difficult so I'm hoping I made it through. Tracey is busy marking all of her final exams right now and that's why she asked me to get on here and do an update.
So basically, I'm feeling a little pressure now with co-ordinating and painting the nursery that should probably be done soon. It's pretty crazy how fast the time goes. It feels like just yesterday we found out. I certainly don't feel ready to be Dad yet but I've been told you never feel quite ready in one way or another. But although I'm a little scared I am extremely excited to have a little boy to take surfing with me. Don't worry Nana and Papa, he will play hockey too.... I think he'll just like surfing more. Hope you all are doing well and make sure you put a comment on here for Tracey. She checks it every single day.
"When yer not first yer last" used without the written expressed permission of Ricky Bobby

10 Comments:

At 2/04/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger **Lola** said...

Hi Tracey and Shane,
Shane that was so nice of you write a posting for your little wifey, That's a good sign you'll be a great daddy! I am so thrilled for you both. What an adventure! It's freaky, nerve racking and completely worth every moment.
I'd like to see your fast expanding belly soon T.
Oh, and I'll make sure to return the Mickey Mouse pants and Donald Duck shirt I bought for yer li'l trucker.

luv, luv,
Paola

 
At 2/05/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Louise said...

I have three boys & not one of them has EVER been mistaken for a girl so... it's ok to make them look like manly men! My hubby even opposes the colour "baby blue"! Have fun setting up the nursery & buying baby things! I still remember the excitement of doing all that just over 5 years ago now :) Waaah - they grow up too fast!

 
At 2/05/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Rachel H. said...

Hey Shane - great post. And no fear - you will be an Awesome daddy! I may keep my gift for you though - a soft, cozy little Winnie-the-Pooh sleeper with a 'baby blue' edge on the feet. The front has a small picture of baby Kanga and roo and Eeyore and honey pots...... you get the picture. You will LOVE it dude!
So Trace - we get to sing together this w/end? Yippee..... we won't bother with the boom stand - you can just rest the mike on your tummy!

 
At 2/05/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Aphra said...

Hi guys
love the blog!! such a great distraction from work... Tracey - you're looking fantastic as always. Shane, I'm picking that your baby also has a liking for salt and vinegar chips? Okay, well if you email me your address I'll send you a supply...
xx Aphra

 
At 2/06/2007 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget surfing! This grandson WILL BE a hockey player and a "van DAM" good one which means his summers will be busy playing on Rep teams or staying in shape for his Junior and Professional team!

Nana wanted to knit an "off-white" baby blanket but I changed her mind - it will be now be dark blue and white trim with a big Maple Leaf in the middle.

Good luck getting that new job with the submarines - adds a whole new meaning to 'Down Under'

Remember - If you ain't first, you're last.

LUV YOU GUYS!

Papa G

 
At 2/08/2007 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shane
I thought my son-in-law was the only one who didn't like Disney stuff!!!! Wow, there are two of you in this world. You men are something else! But it's so neat to see you so excited. That shows YOU are a REAL man! We're excited for you both!
Gloria Aide

 
At 2/09/2007 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute belly Tracey! Is good to hear that everything is going well. Any names yet???

We love see pictures!!

The Clarkes

Ps. Sleeeepppp!! as much as you can now that you can!!!!

 
At 2/12/2007 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi guys!
that is a very cute, errr, i mean manly, onesie. will keep your rules in mind when shopping ;)
you are going to be the bestest parents ever, and i'm so excited for you both, and it's so nice to hear about all your preparations! can't wait to see you
luv kristin + owen

 
At 2/14/2007 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I love that my dad is so funny. Oh and Shane, stop being such a sissy. Take your skirt off and put your purse away. You're going to make a fantastic dad. I can tell. Love you guys.

Jeff and Kim

ps. Tracey, you look fantastic...the bigger you get the more Shane freaks out....ha ha

 
At 2/14/2007 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so Happy to here everything is going well, and that everyone is healthy and happy. Shane I do not know the man you are but I feel I am starting to somewhat being able to read you times as they go on, so thankyou for that. I think you will be a wonderful and loving Father.Your understanding for your wife and this experience is humbleing.
God bless you and your family, good luck and keep us posted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home