Friday, May 11, 2007

Now We Wait...

So, I probably could have updated this sooner, but I have found myself sleeping at every opportunity I get. My pregnancy has been boring for my doctor and I, which is a good thing. I had the quickest appointment on Thursday and here's a rundown: baby is head down, curved on my left side; heart rate is 144 beats/min; fundal height is 37 cm which is bang on for 37 weeks; my weight gain has tapered off; baby is incredibly active. Textbook.

I have been busying myself with other pregnancies, though. I had three friends who were due last week, but only one baby has arrived; Hunter finally came on Sunday for proud parents Tricia and Justin. Their blog is linked to ours if you would like to see their munchkin.

May has been crazy at work as I have been trying to phase myself out and ease in my replacement. It is so strange how possessive I became of my students, like they were my own! I didn't want to leave them! The kids were good, though, and I even received presents from a few of them after our party today. I got beautiful letters from students, flowers, a homemade fleece baby blanket, a onesie, another blanket, a bib, a pile of Twix bars (they know it's my favourite) and a pewter box that reads "My First Curl." One even went to Build-a-bear and custom made a teddy bear for "baby Deringer" (as it reads on the birth certificate)! She put a heart inside of him and dressed him like a surfer! So thoughtful!I am really excited to finally be on maternity leave, but I will miss teaching and the staff room. So now I guess it's time to relax and bank some Zzz's before my own little man arrives. I feel healthy and ready, so relaxing will be easy. I already have a drink on a deck, lunch and a pedicure scheduled with different friends this coming week. Life is good... Here are a couple of pictures of my growing belly, including one that Shane snuck. I guess I fell asleep feeling my baby wiggling inside of me. The countdown is on! I can't wait to meet him! Yes, I know I need a tan! Ta ta for now...P.S. It's my birthday on the 21st! Long weekend BBQ anyone?

4 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee... you look fabulous, enjoy the last couple of weeks... i have one more week of work yet and if this baby gets any lower it will fall out!

*hugs*

Sam

 
At 5/16/2007 5:55 PM, Blogger elisa deanne said...

tracey you have the cutest maternity shirts ever! I love them! where do you shop, just in case I'm the next in line!

 
At 5/17/2007 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shane and Tracy, You look awesome Tracy, you better take in all the relax time you can now cause once mini Shane gets here you will not be able to. Also Shane I got the first part of your email but what is it @ shaw, hotmail, telus?
Lots of love Auntie Debbie

 
At 5/20/2007 1:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey Tracey and Shane,

hope all is going well with you both and baby, (not sure whether he's made his first appearance yet).
Sorry for being so out of touch... but glad to finally get the chance to catch up on your blog posts and read that all has been going well...... let me know if you'd like something kiwi-esque for the littlest Deringer....

sending love from NZ,

Kirsty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home