Monday, April 09, 2007

Is This What You Call Nesting?

So, Shane had a bit of a scare last week (notice how I only said Shane) when I went to the hospital for some testing. I called his work and asked them to get him to phone me. The message that he received when he returned to the ship was "Tracey's in labour! Meet her at the hospital!" He called, like I requested, only it was from the hospital and he was a freaked out husband asking where his in-labour wife was. I responded, "I am sitting in front of the tv eating ravioli waiting for you to pick me up." He raced home and flung, seriously, flung open the door in a panic. "What are you doing!? Are you okay!?" He had to wait for my mouth not to be full before I explained that I needed another ultrasound and I thought he would want to be there for it.

So, between the ultrasound and another test, Shane insisted that we go and look at cell phones and that we purchase the car seat that day. I am fine (always was) and baby is fine, a bit large, but fine. Below is a picture of the stroller that the car seat matches.

After that day, Shane has been working on the baby's room and constantly reminding me that we are one day closer to baby coming. Do I look anxious?

Here are a few pics of Shane painting the nursery, the crib, the bedding and the final product. Hopefully we don't have a girl now!
Shane insisted that the bedding be put out as soon as the crib was assembled. He even put an outfit in the crib as if the baby were in it. Aren't I the one that should be nesting?
As Nana (my mom) requested, here is a close up of the bedding. Doesn't it scream BABY BOY!? Notice how there is no Disney or Pooh Bear anywhere...
And, finally, the growing reason why Shane is nesting and I am eating...isn't he cute?

8 Comments:

At 4/12/2007 9:59 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Amen, to the no Disney and especially no Pooh! Glad to hear the baby is OK. Was it just a practical joke Shane's work people did? I have to go for an ultrasound too.

 
At 4/12/2007 10:23 PM, Blogger **Lola** said...

Tracey,
you look wonderful! I am so excited for you and Shane. What a great guy jumpin' right in to the whole nesting thing! Hope to see you soon so I can rub your Buddha belly!!!

 
At 4/13/2007 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second tricia's comment about pooh and disney crap! I am glad to see some original ideas for decorating a baby room. I love the shot of your belly, so awesome.

 
At 4/13/2007 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a funny story, poor shane! I like your bedding. Looks like you are ready for baby, should he make an early appearance....or is that wishful thinking :) nice belly!

 
At 4/14/2007 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY, baby has a melon head!!
xx

 
At 4/26/2007 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bedding - very boyish. Poor Shane...I can just picture him bursting through the door like that, all in a fluster... Can't wait for the next update ;-)

 
At 5/01/2007 4:09 PM, Blogger K-Lee said...

i am so happy for you!!!....i've tagged you :) visit my blog www.kayleebdd.blogspot.com

 
At 5/10/2007 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey and Shane: I keep going into this site, but alas, no update since April. Pretty soon you'll be too busy with my nephew so please update soon. Hope you "three" are doing fine....Love ya lots....Auntie B.XOXOX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home