Friday, June 01, 2007

They all have food in common...

As I started to upload pictures, I realized that they all had one thing in common...FOOD! It's not really worth mentioning, but I like to have a common theme when I am blogging. This entry is no different! So first, here are a couple of random shots at home. Shane loving his BBQ and me loving my built in ice cream ledge...


Yesterday a few girlfriends and I met up for a picnic at Thetis Lake. It was a beautiful afternoon and it was so nice to be out in the sun with that cool Victoria breeze. I love summer and it's just beginning! Here is Erin with her sons Noah and newborn Jacob. The ever-stylish Rayael is posing with her magazine while Chloe is off playing...Hunter is just chillin', which is a genetic trait he inherited from his mellow mom, Tricia. What a good baby! I apologize ahead of time for my hyperactive spazoid kid... And, of course, Elizabeth is teaching Sienna how to grow teeth. I think Beth smiles even when she is crying!Chloe, Noah, Beth and Sienna are mucking around in the lake while...Tricia, Hunter and Rayael reveal their vulnerable flesh to the first sun of summer. One day I, too, hope to be in the HMC (Hot Mommies Club)...

Seriously, this is what maternity leave should be like for everyone! I love the lake, the sun, the picnic food...and I would love to share it with my own baby. Hint hint, kid! Come out!
Shortly after the surprise shower from my girlfriends that I wrote about in the last entry, the ladies at work surprised me! They picked me up, spoiled my baby, fed me, and dropped me off again. Not only did the ladies shower me with gifts, but men and other women who couldn't come blessed us with a gift certificate to Mayfair Mall! Shane suggested that he get new shoes with it (I'm not sure I understand the rationale) but I'm pretty sure they meant for it to be used on the baby. Sorry, Honey! Here are a few pics from the shower. Just when you think you're ready, experienced moms give you more necessities that you didn't even know were necessary! Thank you ladies!!!
And what would a blog update be without a cute belly picture... and a not-so-flattering picture of me with a watermelon... Enjoy!

Mom...I made sure this was posted for you and your co-workers, so if you don't leave a comment "you've got some 'splainin to do!"

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2007 10:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, I know some of these people! Now I know where you work... my old stompin' grounds for school and work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home